- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin or 2 cups of cooked butternut squash, can be substituted
- 1 1⁄3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- snipped fresh chives or parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onion in the butter in a large saucepan for 5 minutes; stir in the broth and pumpkin, heat, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the wild rice and pepper; continue to heat for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and heat through; do not boil.
- Garnish with chives or parsley and serve.