Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A slightly lighter version of my original. I like my sweets to be not so sweet so I reduced the sugars and lowered the cholesterol by swapping some eggs with extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) canpure pumpkin puree
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs and olive oil on medium speed; slowly add sugar until combined and slightly thickened.
- Add pumpkin and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture; mix gently until just combined (no longer).
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet; dollop heaped tablespoons of mix about 2 1/2 inches round onto tray (about 10-12 per tray).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cakes spring back when touched.
- Remove cakes & paper from tray to cool.
- When cooled completely, turn half of the cakes over to have the flat side up.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar; beat on medium high speed until combined.
- Put mix into piping bag or zip lock bag with one bottom corner snipped off; squeeze about 3 tablespoons of filling onto the flat side of half the cakes.
- Top with the dry half of the cakes; push gently to fill out your pies.
- Keep chilled in air tight container.