Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
LANDONSMOMMY on another site posted this recipe. Thought it would be good for Halloween.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1 stick melted, 1/2 softened)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp...lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoons vanilla, the baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoons salt.
- Using a spatula fold in the flour.
- Using and ice cream scoop or tablespoon drop 12 mounds onto the cookie sheet -- bake until springy to the touch -- about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer cream the softened butter, with the cream cheese.
- Add the powdered sugar and the remaining salt and vanilla; mix on low speed until blended the beat on medium-high until fluffy.about 2 minutes.
- Spread the cream filling between two cakes.
Excellent recipe. I have made these 6 times since the posting of the recipe, and have people asking for them. I use a # 50 scoop, quadruple the recipe, and get almost 5 dozen. I make more like 6 x the quantity of filling, as we like them very full. I bake them in a commercial convection oven at 325 degrees, but they take almost 15 minutes for me. Thank you for this recipe, Nana Lee!