Recipe by Cookie16
This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Cookbook except for the filling. I had copied the recipe out of the cookbook from the library and did not write out the filling recipe. I used cream cheese frosting when I made them and they were very good.
Top Review by missylovescake
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I'm in love with it! These are just excellent. Tender soft cake, with just the right amount of spice, (I doubled it and actually added more cinnamon.)
I used cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
I think I'm going to make these every fall!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 cups cream cheese frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Beat together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and molasses.
- Scrape down sides of bowl then beat in the salt, spices and baking soda.
- Scrape down sides then beat in the flour.
- Scrape down sides and beat another minute to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop batter onto baking sheets. I got 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely then sandwich with frosting.
- Wrap each individually in plastic wrap.