This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Cookbook except for the filling. I had copied the recipe out of the cookbook from the library and did not write out the filling recipe. I used cream cheese frosting when I made them and they were very good.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Beat together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and molasses.
- Scrape down sides of bowl then beat in the salt, spices and baking soda.
- Scrape down sides then beat in the flour.
- Scrape down sides and beat another minute to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop batter onto baking sheets. I got 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely then sandwich with frosting.
- Wrap each individually in plastic wrap.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I'm in love with it! These are just excellent. Tender soft cake, with just the right amount of spice, (I doubled it and actually added more cinnamon.)
I used cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
I think I'm going to make these every fall!
These are pumpkinlicious!!!!!!!!! They bake up so big and moist!! I love the spices, not too heavy, just right! I used Creme Horn Filling to fill them, it's my favorite cream cheese creme filling. Will definitely make these again and again, thanks for posting!!
These were AWESOME! I did want to share that I used my pumpkin roll filling to fill these and it turned out great! 1 8 oz block of cream cheese 1 cup powdered sugar 6 tablespoons butter 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional) Combine all ingredients with electric mixer until well blended and creamy.