Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I actually got this recipe from recipe zaar but experimented with it since I wasn't totally happy with the original, but knew it had some potential. Here is my result. This is a lowfat muffin so it won't be as sinfully moist as a typical muffin, but give it a try. I pre soaked the wheat flour to keep the muffins from getting dry.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour (soaked in 3/4 c of water)
- 78.07 ml sugar (or 1/2c if you prefer sweeter)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter (melted)
- 177.44 ml pumpkin (canned)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour the sides of a muffin tin or, even easier, use muffin cups.
- In a small bowl blend together the wheat flour and 3/4 water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the all purpose flour with the remaining dry ingredients. Stir well.
- In a seperate bowl combine the egg, melted butter, milk, and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, then add the moistened wheat flour. Stir well until thoroughly combined. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake in oven for 15-20 minute.
- * Try topping with a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon for a sweet crunch.