Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a resident's grand-daughter. She made it as a birthday cake and everyone inhaled it. I was thrilled when I found out it started out with a cake mix.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan, I use Bakers Joy spray.
- In a large bowl; combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk and oil.
- Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes Then invert on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place on serving plate.
- Glaze when completely cool Glaze: Heat evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and stir in well.
I made this for Thanksgiving but all that took a piece, didn't care for it. I thought it had a good taste to it but the middle was mushy for me. I don't know if it was from the chips or what. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't add the glaze.
This is a very nice, moist cake. I did not have a spice cake mix so I used a yellow cake mix and added the spices myself. Turned out fine. The whole family liked it. Even my son that never eats anything veggie. Thanks for the recipe. Its a keeper.
I really liked this cake; the texture was great. The only changed I'd like to suggest: before adding the chocolate chips, pour some of the batter in the baking pan; I didn't and the chocolate chips touching the sides and bottom of the bundt pan burnt and stuck to it.