Recipe by mandabears
I got this recipe from a resident's grand-daughter. She made it as a birthday cake and everyone inhaled it. I was thrilled when I found out it started out with a cake mix.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made this for Thanksgiving but all that took a piece, didn't care for it. I thought it had a good taste to it but the middle was mushy for me. I don't know if it was from the chips or what. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't add the glaze.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan, I use Bakers Joy spray.
- In a large bowl; combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk and oil.
- Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes Then invert on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place on serving plate.
- Glaze when completely cool Glaze: Heat evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and stir in well.