Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not very low in calories...but it's only once a year...right? Plus, it uses up that extra pumpkin. Cooking time includes baking and set time.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups French bread (toasted 1/2-inch cubes)
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
Walnut Caramel Sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, rough-chopped
To garnish and serve
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream (12 scoops)
- To make pudding: Whisk half-and-half, eggs, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl until well blended.
- Fold in bread cubes.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to 2 (7-by-11-inch) glass baking dishes.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes until set.
- To make sauce: Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter melts.
- Stir in cream slowly, whisking 4 minutes until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth.
- Add walnuts and stir to combine.
- To serve: Sift confectioners' sugar over bread pudding.
- Serve bread pudding warm with cinnamon ice cream and sauce.