1 hr 30 mins
Not very low in calories...but it's only once a year...right? Plus, it uses up that extra pumpkin. Cooking time includes baking and set time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups French bread (toasted 1/2-inch cubes)
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
Walnut Caramel Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, rough-chopped
To garnish and serve
- 1To make pudding: Whisk half-and-half, eggs, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl until well blended.
- 2Fold in bread cubes.
- 3Stir in white chocolate chips.
- 4Transfer mixture to 2 (7-by-11-inch) glass baking dishes.
- 5Let stand 20 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes until set.
- 7To make sauce: Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter melts.
- 8Stir in cream slowly, whisking 4 minutes until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth.
- 9Add walnuts and stir to combine.
- 10To serve: Sift confectioners' sugar over bread pudding.
- 11Serve bread pudding warm with cinnamon ice cream and sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, White Chocolate Bread Pudding W/ Walnut Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.5
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 787.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 91.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g