Given to me by my Busia, this recipe has been a family Christmas tradition for many years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup nuts, chopped (we prefer walnuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and both sugars until creamy.
- 4Beat in the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg until blended.
- 5Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- 6Stir in the white chips and nuts.
- 7Spread into a greased or parchment paper lined 15.5 x 10.5 jelly roll pan. A 9x13 pan can be used instead, but bars will be much thicker.
- 8Bake 18-22 minutes (22-25 minutes if using a 9x13 pan) or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10Combine the glaze ingredients, using only enough water to make the right consistency. It needs to be thin enough to drizzle, but not so thin that it runs off the spoon before you can drizzle it.
- 11Drizzle the glaze over the bars, let harden.
- 12Cut bars into 2" x 1" bars. Number of bars will depend on what size pan you use.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin White Chip Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 102.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g