Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Given to me by my Busia, this recipe has been a family Christmas tradition for many years.
Make and share this Pumpkin White Chip Nut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup nuts, chopped (we prefer walnuts)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Beat in the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg until blended.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the white chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased or parchment paper lined 15.5 x 10.5 jelly roll pan. A 9x13 pan can be used instead, but bars will be much thicker.
- Bake 18-22 minutes (22-25 minutes if using a 9x13 pan) or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients, using only enough water to make the right consistency. It needs to be thin enough to drizzle, but not so thin that it runs off the spoon before you can drizzle it.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bars, let harden.
- Cut bars into 2" x 1" bars. Number of bars will depend on what size pan you use.