Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
The ultimate in pumpkin pies!! So easy and SO good!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 425*.
- Mix crumbs with butter and sugar.
- Press into 10 inch pie plate.
- In lg bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, egg, and spices.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 350*.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
This is the first pumpkin pie we have ever tasted, my plan was to have a slice and then send the rest on with hubbie to work but I decided against that......I used fresh pumpkin as I cannot get canned and I also cheated and used a ready made base. This pie is wonderful. (I roasted the pumpkin in a slow oven until it was soft enough to puree, about 40 min) Thanks Inez
This one got a lot of ooh this is good remarks from my family. The filling is very rich and has a good spice flavor. I thought the crumb topping was an interesting idea and a little different from the traditional pumpkin pie. After I got the kids off to school, my husband and I had a piece with a cup of coffee for breakfast. Thanks MizzNezz.
THE BESTEST!!!! I didnt know pumpkin pie could be so great! Got compliments galore! One said it was the best pumpkin pie he'd ever had! Thanks so much for your great recipe! :0)