Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally posted by someone on the newsgroup alt.cooking.chat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 quart heavy saucepan combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin and a pinch of salt. Cook the mixture over med.
- 2heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and cook it undisturbed, until a candy thermometer registers 238 degrees.
- 3Remove the pan from heat, add butter (do not stir it into mixture), and let the mixture cool until it is 140 degrees.
- 4Stir in vanilla a nd walnuts.
- 5Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon for 30 sec-1 min.
- 6, or until it begins to lose its gloss.
- 7Pour immediately into a buttered 9" square pan.
- 8Let the fudge cool until it begins to harden.
- 9Cut it into squares.
- 10Let it cool completely.
- 11- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : The fudge keeps, stored between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container, in a cool place for 2 weeks.
- 12Makes 2 pounds.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Walnut Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5317.0
- Calories from Fat 1766
- Total Fat 196.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 171.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 902.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 825.1 g
- Protein 45.1 g