1 hr 28 mins
From The Magnolia Bakery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; to make the cookies—in a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside.
- 2In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until evenly combined.
- 3Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla; beat well.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly; stir in the walnuts.
- 5Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- 6*The batter will seem extremely soft compared with most cookie doughs, but it will firm up during baking.
- 7Bake for 12 minutes; cool the cookies on the sheets for 10-12 minutes, then removed to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8To make the frosting: add sugar, milk, and vanilla to a bowl; set aside.
- 9In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the butter until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 10Remove from the heat, add to the other ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy; cover until ready to use.
- 11When the cookies are completely cool, spread a generous amount of frosting on each cookie, and top with a walnut half.
- 12Let icing set before stacking the cookies or they will stick together.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Walnut Cookies With Brown Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 90.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g