Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a pumpkin cake with butter and walnut topping.
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 7⁄8 cup margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
- Pour dry yellow cake mix over the mixture, sprinkle with walnuts, and drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F. and continue baking 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.