Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A spicy golden biscuit with a glaze made with honey and cream.
Make and share this Pumpkin Walnut Biscuits With Honey Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 118.29 ml canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 59.14 ml whipping cream, chilled
- 78.07 ml golden brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml honey (orange blossom or wildflower are good)
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, grated
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 29.58 ml whipping cream, chilled
- 29.58 ml honey
- 16 walnut halves
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F
- Lightly grease or butter a heavy large baking sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cardamom in medium bowl to blend . Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk pumpkin, 1/4 cup cream, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey and lemon peel in another medium bowl to blend.
- Add pumpkin mixture and chopped nuts to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated (dough will be moist).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently until smooth, about 8 turns. Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using floured 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Reroll scraps to 3/4-inch thickness; cut out additional rounds.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 2 tablespoons honey in small bowl. Brush on tops of biscuits biscuits. Garnish each with 1 walnut half.
- Bake biscuits until light golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer biscuits to rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with butter.