A spicy golden biscuit with a glaze made with honey and cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 118.29 ml canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 59.14 ml whipping cream, chilled
- 78.07 ml golden brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml honey (orange blossom or wildflower are good)
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, grated
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 29.58 ml whipping cream, chilled
- 29.58 ml honey
- 16 walnut halves
- 1Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F
- 2Lightly grease or butter a heavy large baking sheet.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cardamom in medium bowl to blend . Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Whisk pumpkin, 1/4 cup cream, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey and lemon peel in another medium bowl to blend.
- 5Add pumpkin mixture and chopped nuts to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated (dough will be moist).
- 6Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently until smooth, about 8 turns. Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using floured 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Reroll scraps to 3/4-inch thickness; cut out additional rounds.
- 7Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- 8Whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 2 tablespoons honey in small bowl. Brush on tops of biscuits biscuits. Garnish each with 1 walnut half.
- 9Bake biscuits until light golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer biscuits to rack and cool 15 minutes.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature, with butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Walnut Biscuits With Honey Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g