Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A spicy golden biscuit with a glaze made with honey and cream.
Make and share this Pumpkin Walnut Biscuits With Honey Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey (orange blossom or wildflower are good)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 16 walnut halves
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F
- Lightly grease or butter a heavy large baking sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cardamom in medium bowl to blend . Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk pumpkin, 1/4 cup cream, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons honey and lemon peel in another medium bowl to blend.
- Add pumpkin mixture and chopped nuts to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated (dough will be moist).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently until smooth, about 8 turns. Roll out dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using floured 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Reroll scraps to 3/4-inch thickness; cut out additional rounds.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 2 tablespoons honey in small bowl. Brush on tops of biscuits biscuits. Garnish each with 1 walnut half.
- Bake biscuits until light golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer biscuits to rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with butter.