Recipe by dragonflyhb
These are wonderful on a fall morning with sausages. My kids sing the "Waffle Song" when I make them. They are a bit heavier than traditional waffles, but they are scrumptious with maple syrup.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat waffle iron.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the pumpkin and beat again.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, milk and oil to egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake waffles on waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
- I have a Belgian waffle maker that requires 1 cup of waffle batter per waffle. I cook each waffle for 4 minutes.