Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my favorite waffles! Maybe because they have an unusual ingredient...coriander! From Gooseberry Patch.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla together.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour 1 to 1 1/2 cups batter onto a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron.
- Bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Makes six, 9-inch waffles.
Wonderful tasting waffles! I love the fall spices used in these. Will make again soon. Thanks! [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]
I loved the waffles. I debated whether to give this 4 or 5 stars because it wasn't sweet. I thought about it though and realized most waffles aren't sweet. We put on some syrup and it was great. (Could have been better if the syrup didn't taste like Robitussin, but that's not your fault.) We made this with one less egg and it STILL came out fluffy and good. I think it's versatility is a definite plus. Next time when I have 4 eggs in the house, I'll try it again. We also liked it didn't need a mixer.