Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving nostalgia.
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 473.18 ml cranberries
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml pumpkin puree (almost a full can)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml applesauce
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line the bottom of a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper Mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth and pour into the pan Combine the cranberries and pecans and pour them over the brown sugar mixture In a bowl, beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt Carefully spread the batter over the cranberry-pecan topping.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 40 minutes) Let cool for 10 minutes Run a knife around the edges, place a large plate or platter over the cake, and invert Remove the pan and carefully peel off parchmen.
I made this for Thanksgiving this year also and it was a huge hit!! Fantastic recipe!!
We had this for Thanksgiving this year. I was getting ready to post the recipe when I found it here. It was the favorite of all the desserts.