Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be served warm or cold, with or without whipped topping, as a side dish or dessert. Very easy to make. Family favorite.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (can be pudding style)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted butter
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, milk and eggs; pour into buttered 9"x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, sprinkle nuts over cake mix and then drizzle the melted butter over the top of the entire cake.
- Bake for 1 hour@ 350 degrees or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
This is realy great fairly easy and scrumptous!! Everyone in the family loved it and want to see it again at our Thanksgiving and Christmas gathering.
Wow! Everbody who tasted this LOVED it! A different twist on something pumpkin.
This dessert is rich and absolutely scrumptious!!! When a coworker brought this to a potluck everyone went wild and she had to bring in 10 copies of the recipe for us. I made it for Thanksgiving this year and substituted evaporated skim milk and 2 egg beaters plus one egg (instead of 3 eggs) and it was still delish!!!!