Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very rich, but a nice change from pumpkin pie.
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (Milnot)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not pudding-in-the-mix recipe)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted & cooled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt& sugar until well combined, and pour into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture, drizzle with butter.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts on top& bake for another 30 minutes.
I had this at a pot luck last night and this pan of bomb-diggity showed up and it was so good! The whole 13x9 pan was gone by the end of the night!
Delicious! Tried to make it a little low cholesterol substituting egg whites for the eggs. Used half sugar, half Splenda too. Actually liked it better than regular pumpkin pie!
My family loved this dessert. I made the recipe exactly as it is written. The crust came out wonderfully crisp and the pumpkin filling was incredibly creamy and moist.