Recipe by strawberrybird
I love turtle cheesecake, but I find it too rich. Pumpkin cheesecake has a more subtle flavor, so I combined the two into this. Hope you enjoy it.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 ounces caramel sauce
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour chocolate chips and butter into a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. This can also be done in the microwave in a microwave safe container.
- Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs. Stir until blended. Press mixture into bottom of cheesecake (springform) pan.
- Pour caramel sauce, reserving a few tablespoons, on top of the crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill until set.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixture or using a hand blender on medium speed until well blended. Scrap sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and spices and mix until blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Bake at 325F in a water bath for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Drizzle with remaining caramel. You may also sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Serve plain or with whip cream.