Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Recipe source: grocery flier
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil and saute the vegetables (onion - garlic) until tender and then stir in turkey and cook until browned. Spoon into crockpot.
- Stir in tomatoes and pumpkin.
- Stir in seasoning (chili powder - salt).
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve topped with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Absolutely delicious! My husband was afraid of this one with the pumpkin puree and ground turkey -- yet he loved it! :) This recipe couldn't be simpler, more seasonal, nor more delicious. Thanks, ellie! Made for PRMR.