- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil in a medium-sized pot (with cover) or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2. Saute the onion, green bell pepper, chipotle chiles, and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Make room in the center of the skillet, add turkey, and brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin. Season with cumin and salt.
- 4. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes (or longer). If desired, serve topped with cheddar cheese or sour cream.