1 hr 25 mins
From Betty Crocker.com. I love "tunnel cakes" and this has a wonderful truffle fudge filling. I also love pumpkin cakes, cookies, etc! What a great combol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour (or spray with baking spray with flour).
- 2In 1-quart saucepan, heat condensed milk and chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt until blended; set aside.
- 4In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter, the granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with pumpkin until well blended (batter will be thick).
- 6Spoon 2/3 of batter (about 5 cups) into pan, bringing batter up about 1 inch on tube and on outside edge of pan. Stir chocolate mixture; spoon into center of batter, being careful not to touch sides of pan. Spoon remaining cake batter (about 2 cups) over filling; smooth top.
- 7Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean and center of crack is dry to touch. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 8Place cooled cake on serving plate. In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- 9Pour browned butter into medium bowl; stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable (mixture will thicken as it cools). Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly cool; stir.
- 10Drizzle over cake.
- 11High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375°F Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Truffle Poundcake With Brown Butter Icing
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.9
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.1 mg
- Sodium 387.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g