Recipe by yooper
Here's a nice alternative to pumpking pie at the end of a holiday meal! Your guests will ooh and ahh, but you'll laugh because this is a no cook recipe! Prep time does not include 2 hour chilling time. I've substituted Cool Whip for the regular whipping cream, and it's fine!
Top Review by snappi.1
This is a great recipes...I did change it a bit however...I used angel food cake which made it a nice fluffy dessert..also I used cool whip and skorr bar crushed up for on top and topping each layer..absolutely fabulous! Many comments on it at Thanksgiving.
- 2 -3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake mix or 2 -3 cups muffins or 2 -3 cups gingerbread
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 4 (1 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for top.
- Divide remaining crumbs into four portions; sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3 quart serving bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes; mix until smooth.
- Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- Whip cream until stiff, spoon half into bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then last portion of crumbs and remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around top, around edge of bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.