1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Trifle
Here's a nice alternative to pumpking pie at the end of a holiday meal! Your guests will ooh and ahh, but you'll laugh because this is a no cook recipe! Prep time does not include 2 hour chilling time. I've substituted Cool Whip for the regular whipping cream, and it's fine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake mix or 2 -3 cups muffins or 2 -3 cups gingerbread
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 4 (1 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for top.
- 2Divide remaining crumbs into four portions; sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3 quart serving bowl.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes; mix until smooth.
- 4Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- 5Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- 6Whip cream until stiff, spoon half into bowl.
- 7Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.
- 8Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then last portion of crumbs and remaining whipped cream.
- 9Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around top, around edge of bowl.
- 10Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 40.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spice cake mix
instant butterscotch pudding mix