Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I have never made this, but it looked good. Let me know how it turns out.
- 9 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger
- 16 ounces butter pound cake
- 4 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a food processor, combine the graham crackers and candied ginger. Process until they resemble fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Cut the pound cake into 1-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into roughly 1-inch cubes. Arrange about half the cubes in a single layer on the bottom of a glass trifle dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the cream into stiff peaks.
- Spoon about two-thirds of the whipped cream over the cake cubes in the trifle bowl, smoothing it into a single layer with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumb mixture over the cream in an even layer.
- To the remaining whipped cream in the bowl, add the pumpkin pie filling, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 cup heavy cream. Use the electric mixer to beat until thick.
- Spoon the pumpkin pie mixture over the crumb layer, then use the back of a spoon to smooth to an even layer.
- Arrange the remaining cake cubes in a single layer over the pumpkin pie mixture.
- Trifle can be made several hours ahead of time and refrigerated at this point.
- Clean the mixer bowl, then combine the remaining 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Use the mixer to beat to stiff peaks, then spoon the cream over the cake layer.
- Decorate the top of the trifle as desired. Candy corns or orange sprinkles are nice.