Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A delicious pumpkin dessert, made in layers. A graham cracker crust, a cream cheese mixture, as well as a pumpkin mixture, and garnish with dollops of Cool Whip. This is one of my favorite desserts!!
Top Review by Cooking in Wis.
This was awesome! It was the only dessert I made for Thanksgiving. Didn't need to make anything else with this recipe. Followed directions exactly as written and it turned out wonderful. Vry easy to assemble. Several guests asked for seconds, I had to save myself an extra piece before it was all gone. Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (1 pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopeknox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- kraft Cool Whip Topping, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- (Read all the directions first, before making dessert)
- Mix crust ingredients together. Pack lightly in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- To prepare cream cheese mixture: Beat together the eggs, sugar, and pkg. of cream cheese; pour over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To prepare pumpkin mixture: In a saucepan, add the following ingredients, the canned pumpkin, the egg yolks, sugar, milk, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook until thick (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, dissolve the envelope of unflavored gelatin into the cold water.
- Then stir into the hot, cooked pumpkin mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites on high until foamy; gradually add the sugar.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture, and pour ontop of the cream cheese mixture/graham cracker crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Garnish dessert with dollops of Cool Whip.
- Note: This dessert may be frozen.