Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy as pumpkin pie.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix (1/2 box)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Place in 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 or more of the yellow cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Drizzle the melted stick of butter on top of pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour 350.
I am not a Pumpkin Pie fan, but this is a wonderul pumpkin treat! My friend Cindy first brought this to a department gathering at work a few years back and the taste of this wonderul treat brings back wonderful memories of my now-departed friend!
Actually this is easier than pumpkin pie and really yummy! I make this recipe quite often in the fall, since making a pie crust isn't my favorite thing to do. The last time I took it to a party, every one wanted the recipe. The recipe I used to use called for a whole cake mix, but my mom and I thought it was too much so started just using 1/2. That way you can make another one! Mine also called for 2 cans of pumpkin, which is good, but glad to see you can still make a 9x13 pan with only 1. Thanks for posting this great recipe, LMiller.