This soup is from my 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian cookbook. I bet it would freeze well. Use a can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot filled with boiling water, blanch tomatoes for 10 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to colander to cool.
- 2Peel, seed and quarter tomatoes.
- 3In a medium frying pan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4-5 minutes.
- 4In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes, onion, pumpkin and broth until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- 5Add sherry, salt, pepper and tarragon. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add cream and heat through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Tomato Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.3
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 1047.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g