Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe Courtesy Patricia Greenberg
GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 whole crackers)
- 6 tablespoons soy margarine, slightly softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs silken tofu
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 ounces soy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Make the graham cracker crust: In a food processor or blender, process the graham crackers on high speed until they are finely ground. Add the margarine and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat the mixture into a thick layer in the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan, or thinner layers in 2 (9-inch) pie plates.
- Make the filling: Have all the ingredients at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor or blender, puree the tofu until smooth. Add the sugar, spices, soy cream cheese, and vanilla and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour the tofu mixture into the prepared pie crusts and bake for 50 minutes, until the cheesecake mixture is firm.
- Turn the oven off, leaving the cake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. Serve slightly chilled.