Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A wonderful fall cookie recipe!
Make and share this Pumpkin Toffee Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oranges or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnut, pecan...)
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- cinnamon sugar (for sprinkling)
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar, salt, pumpkin, extract, spice, and egg.
- Add dry ingredients mix well.
- Fold in toffee and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
These cookies are great but I did add about 1/2 cup of extra flour to make the dough a little more managable.