Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This wonderful recipe was adapted from Sylvia, the CDKitchen Recipe Editor. She knows how to pick them! New England, Canada, French, Mid Atlantic, Mid West, West
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half (or 5 ounce can evaporated milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed toffee pieces, candy
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1" up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Do not let brown. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until it's creamy. Add the pumpkin, milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir well and pour into the crust.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the edge is set and the center jiggles just a little. Remove it from the oven. Immediately top it with toffee candy pieces. Don't turn off the oven.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and spread over the top of the warm cheesecake. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the outside of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce before you serve.
Just delightful! Very creamy and lovely flavor. Like another reviewer, I also added a bit more sugar and more spices (but I like things pretty spicy). Thanks for sharing!
Okay... I don't usually give 5 stars for a recipe that I needed to change, but this was soooooo good. The changes that I made were I added 1/2 cup of white sugar because it wasn't sweet enough and I doubled the sour cream topping. This was very good. Made for ZWT 4.
We enjoyed this cheesecake! I found caramel striped shortbread cookies and used them for the crust. Couldnt find my springform pan so half the filling went into the pie pan and the other half I baked in a casserole dish. Loved the sour cream topping and the toffee melts a bit underneath with just a bit of crunch. A very rich and sinful cheesecake! The caramel topping adds another level of flavor and sweetness.