Recipe by Sharon123
This wonderful recipe was adapted from Sylvia, the CDKitchen Recipe Editor. She knows how to pick them! New England, Canada, French, Mid Atlantic, Mid West, West
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Just delightful! Very creamy and lovely flavor. Like another reviewer, I also added a bit more sugar and more spices (but I like things pretty spicy). Thanks for sharing!
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half (or 5 ounce can evaporated milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed toffee pieces, candy
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1" up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Do not let brown. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until it's creamy. Add the pumpkin, milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir well and pour into the crust.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the edge is set and the center jiggles just a little. Remove it from the oven. Immediately top it with toffee candy pieces. Don't turn off the oven.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and spread over the top of the warm cheesecake. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the outside of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce before you serve.