Candace Michelle's Note:
Instead of making pumpkin pie for holidays, why not try this pumpkin tiramisu?! Since I work at a coffee shop I am always on the lookout for unique tiramisu recipes. This one was found at Group Recipes, posted by Annieamie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 fresh butter pound cake, cut into finger size pieces (or 2 packages lady fingers)
- 226.79 g mascarpone cheese
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 591.47 ml heavy cream, whipped and chilled in advance
- 29.58 ml orange juice (or a good rum)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar (or more if you like it sweeter)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1Whip and chill your heavy cream at least an hour before starting this recipe. Keep it in the fridge!
- 2Using a 9 inch pan (or a glass trifle dish), layer the ladyfingers over the bottom of the pan.
- 3Sprinkle either the orange juice or rum over the lady fingers.
- 4Mix the mascarpone cheese with pumpkin, spices, powdered sugar and vanilla until blended well.
- 5Fold in ONLY 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream gently.
- 6Layer this over the lady fingers.
- 7Using the remaining whipped cream, layer that over the pumpkin/cream layer.
- 8Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. (I always add a pinch of orange zest for color and flavor.).
- 9Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 10If you're making this in a trifle bowl, you can make more layers but make sure that your lady fingers have been sprinkled with either the orange juice or the rum. I usually double the recipe and prepare it in a 13x9 inch glass dish.
- 11*Do not use canned Pumpkin Pie Mix!
- 12**** Lady Fingers! Sometimes these cookies are hard to find in a super market. If you ask a Manager about them, usually they know where they are stocked in the store. If you have an Italian market, you'll find them there and they have the firmer lady fingers which are perfect for tiramisu recipes.
- 13If you can't find any ladyfingers anywhere, just buy a frozen or fresh pound cake. Slice it into 1/2 inches slices and then cut 3 or4 finger-length pieces out of each slice. You can bake these cake "fingers" in the oven at 325 degrees until lightly toasted and then cool them. Or you can use the fresh or frozen cake immediately after slicing. You can even do this with your basic white or yellow cake mix after it has baked and cooled. Vanilla wafers can also be used as they are in most of the Ice Box cake recipes. So if you can't find any lady fingers, don't worry. Use your imagination and come up with a good substitution and your recipe will be great because of the rest of the wonderful ingredients!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 171.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: