Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice moist, fragrant, little cakes for afternoon tea or coffee break. Spicy pumpkin taste.
Make and share this Pumpkin Tea Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin or 1⁄2 cup cooked fresh pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (, or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 42 pecan halves or 42 walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 42 miniature muffin cups with 1 1/2 inch bon bon papers or small baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, egg, sugar, pumpkin and water.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, blend well.
- Stir in chopped pecans and dates.
- Spoon into paper baking cups, filling almost full.
- Top each with a pecan or walnut half.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin cups, cool on racks.
Lovely! A real delight. I've been craving pumpkin and maple things (fall feels like it's just around the corner). This satisfied the pumpkin craving quite nicely. Cut the recipe in half and it didn't seem to hurt a thing; I love the fact that these are so small, so each cake is just 1 WW point. The dates made a lovely addition. This one's a keeper! Thanks for posting it.