Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy twist on pumpkin pie! serves 12 NO: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg or soy.
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup enjoy life cranapple granola cereal (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup spectrum shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pumpkin pie spice (use less spice if you like it mild)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2) Make your crust. Mix brown sugar, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and granola until combined. With a fork, cut in the shortening until it looks crumbly.
- 3) Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- 4) Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in each and press into place. Save remaining mixture for the top. Set aside.
- 5) To make the yummy pumpkin filling, mix together rice flour, baking powder, pumpkin spices, and salt. Set aside.
- 6) In separate bowl, mix pumpkin, rice milk, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin and mix well.
- 7) Fill the muffin tray with pumpkin filling. Top off with a sprinkle of the extra crust mixture. (There maybe extra topping depending on how much you prefer on top).
- 8) Bake tarts for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool in muffin pan for about 15 minutes before removing. Remove carefully, (i.e. with 2 spoons). Serve warm or cold. Keep fresh in the refrigerator.
- *To crumble granola, process lightly in a food processor or place in a plastic bag and lightly pound out with a rolling pin.