Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pumpkin pie, sugar free version
Make and share this Pumpkin Tapioca Pie- Lower Sugar Version recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄4 cups almond milk, unsweetened vanilla flavor (or use 2-1/4 C low fat milk and 1 Tbsp vanilla)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 unsweetened pie crust
- sugar-free whipped cream
- Mix all ingredients (except pie crust and whipped cream) in pan and let stand 5 minute. Next stir ingredients well to blend together. Turn fire on low and gently stir for 1 minute, then turn heat up to medium and continue to stir until mix comes to full boil and continue stirring 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10-20 minutes.
- Poor into unsweetened, pre-cooked pie crust, and refrigerate until pie filling is firm, 2-4 hours. Top with low fat, sugar-free whipped cream.