This is a simple recipe for sweet pumpkin tamales. Sweet tamales are not served as a dessert in Mexico but along with savory tamales or other savory dishes. Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine the masa, pumpkin and sugar. Add the vanilla, mace, cinnamon, and raisins and mix until well blended.
- 2To assemble the tamales, place 2 - 3 heaping tablespoons of the masa mixture in the net of the smooth side of the corn husk.
- 3Fold the sides of the husk in toward the center and tie the tamale at both ends.
- 4Prick the husk several times using the tip of a very sharp knife. Repeat for the remaining tamales.
- 5Steam the tamales for 45 - 50 minutes.
- 6Serve with a dollop of crema.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g