Recipe by Emily
My all time favorite pumpkin dessert. This is from the November 1998 issue of Cooking Light Magazine.
Top Review by QOU4LIFE
Thank you for posting this, Emily. I made this cheesecake right after Cooking Light published it and, although I'd never made it since until this year, I'd also not forgotten how good it was! I made it in a pre-made graham cracker crust from the grocery store, which was too small, so I cooked the extra separately. That also made it next to impossible to swirl, so it wound up more like cheesecake with a pumpkin pie topping. Either way, it is light and fabulous. Yum!
- 1 pastry crust, 9 inch (refrigerated or your own recipe)
- 177.44 ml fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 226.79 g package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 113.39 g reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 large egg white
- 158.51 ml canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake the Pastry Crust in a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan.
- Cool crust completely on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Combine 1/2 cup condensed milk and the cream cheeses in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, 1 egg, and egg white; beat until combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture into a small bowl; add 1/4 cup condensed milk, 1 egg, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice, stirring well with a whisk.
- Pour remaining cream cheese mixture into prepared crust.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture; swirl together using a knife.
- Bake at 300º for 50 minutes.
- Turn oven off; cool tart in closed oven 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover; chill.