1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake. Prep time includes time to toast hazelnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs, plus
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Toast nuts: Spread in baking pan.
- 2Bake, in 350 oven, 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and papery skins begin to flake.
- 3Turn hazelnuts out onto a towel and rub off skins.
- 4Leave oven at 350.
- 5Wrap foil over bottom and halfway up out side of 8-inch springform pan to keep butter from dripping out.
- 6Lightly coat the 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- 7Crust: break crackers into a food processor.
- 8Add hazelnuts, sugar and butter.
- 9Process until fine crumbs form.
- 10Press firmly over bottom and 1 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- 11Filling: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until smooth.
- 12On low speed, beat in sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and sour cream, scrapping down sides of bowl often, until well blended.
- 13Add eggs and egg whites; beat just until mixed.
- 14Melt the chocolate chips according to the package directions.
- 15Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture and stir until well blended.
- 16Stir pumpkin and spices into remaining cheese mixture until well blended.
- 17Reserve 1/4 C; pour rest into crust.
- 18Pour the chocolate mixture onto pumpkin pumpkin batter in a thick ring about 1/2 inch from sides of pan.
- 19Top with dollops of reserved 1/4 C pumpkin batter.
- 20Run a knife through both batters for a marble effect.
- 21Don't overdo or the effect will be muddied.
- 22Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted 2 inches from center of cake comes out clean.
- 23Carefully run a knife around inside edge of pan to release cake.
- 24Cool on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate in pan at least 4 hours or up to 1 week.
- 25Can be frozen up to 3 months.
- 26Thaw in refrigerator 2 days before serving.
- 27To serve: remove pan sides.
- 28Place on a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 355.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g