Prep 1 hr
Cook 55 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger snaps, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Crust: Mix crushed ginger snaps, but ter and 1 tablespoon flour in medium mixing bowl.
- Press onto bottom of 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar, the remaining 3 tablespoons flour, ginger, and vanilla.
- Beat on high until smooth.
- Add eggs all at once. Beat on low until combined.
- Stir in cream.
- Measure 2 cups of filling, set aside. To remaining mixture add pumpkin, sugar and spices.
- Spoon plain cream cheese mixture into pan.
- Carefully spoon pumpkin mixture over plain.
- Use a spatula to gently swirl batters, do not disturb crust. Bake in 350F for 50-55 minutes.
Made this for Thanksgiving. Got lots of nice comments! The gingersnap crust makes all the difference! Thanks for sharing!
This was soooooo good and really not hard to make. I will be making this instead of pumpkin pie from now on. Thanks you so much!
Very tasty! You can adjust the spices to your own taste (I like a *lot!). Not overly sweet, either. I recommend using a springform pan- if you try to use a standard premade pie crust, you may not have enough room in the dish for all the ingredients.