Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from the blog at http://www.underthehighchair.com
Make and share this Pumpkin Swirl Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter, plus more for pan (1 stick)
- 170.09 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 14.79 ml pure vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml solid-pack pumpkin
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter lining.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don't set.
- With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.