Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from the blog at http://www.underthehighchair.com
Make and share this Pumpkin Swirl Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan (1 stick)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter lining.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don't set.
- With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.