Adapted from the blog at http://www.underthehighchair.com
My Private Note
2x2" sq ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan (1 stick)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter lining.
- 2Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.
- 4Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don't set.
- 5With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- 6Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g