Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm anxious to try these yummy looking rolls. I love the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and pecans all wrapped up in a soft sweet roll. This recipe was found in Libby's Home Baked Goodness cookbook. For larger rolls, see the note at the bottom. Times listed does not include time for dough to rise.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- Combine bown sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly.
- Stir in pumpkin, nuts and raisins.
- Roll bread dough into 12 x 12-inch square, and spread with pumpkin mixture, leaving 1 inch border along 2 sides.
- Roll up dough, starting from side with 1 inch border; seal edges.
- Slice into 12 pieces, place cut side up in greased 9 inch round or square baking pan.
- Let rise in warm place until double in size.
- Bade in preheated 375* oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle rolls with glaze. Serve warm.
- **Note: For extra large rolls, roll dough into 12 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread with pumpkin mixture leaving 1 inch border along 9 inch sides. Roll up dough, starting from 9 inch side, seal edges. Slice into 6 pieces, place cut side up in greased 9 inch baking pan. Let rise and bake as above.
Call 'em breakfast, call 'em dessert, these rolls are nice eatin'! Followed your recipe right down the line except that I only iced half of them ~ They taste wonderful both ways, but another time I might just forgo the icing! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for Every Day Is a Holiday! cooking game]