Recipe by Nonnie4Two
This is a Land 'O Lakes recipe and very yummy! I love the flavor of pumpkin with cream cheese.
Top Review by ldymirage
After trying several different Pumpkin Bread recipes, I choose this one to enter my very first baking contest(local). I won first prize. I added chopped walnuts and drizzeled with warmed vanilla icing. My family loved it and my co-workers begged for more for weeks.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans.
- Set aside.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Combine 2 2/3 cups sugar, oil, water, pumpkin and 4 eggs in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- Continue beating, gradually adding flour mixture and scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/4 (about 2 cups) pumpkin batter into each prepared loaf pan.
- Carefully spread half of filling mixture over batter in each pan; top each pan evenly with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Pull knife or spatula through batter and filling to create swirl effect.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.