Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These pumpkin bars are swirled with a cream cheese mixture to make a marbled effect and are so moist and delicious.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Combine pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups sugar, oil and 2 eggs, mixing until well blended.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Combine cream cheese with remaining sugar and egg until well blended.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into greased and floured 15 x 10" jelly roll pan.
- Spoon cream cheese over pumpkin batter.
- Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Our first day of fall weather. So while looking for something to bake, these sounded perfect. I happened to have everything I needed, with a few minor subtitutions. I substituted half of the sugar with stevia for baking, and I used Philly light for the cream cheese. DD couldn't wait, and tried them as soon as they came out of the oven, I have to admit, I snuck a bite too. So glad I did. They were wonderful! The hard part will be trying not to eat them all. I can hear them in the kitchen calling my name right now!
Moist, delicious, easy to make, and they make the house smell awesome! I know they're a dessert, but I like them for breakfast.