1/1 Photo of Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
Trudy Hobbs's Note:
This is a light but hearty soup that has lots of flavor. For a special occasion add some cream. I found the original recipe in a monthly womens magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the sweet potatoes and pumpkin and cut into cubes of roughly the same size.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt the butter using a medium heat.
- 3Leaving the heat setting the same, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the pumplin, sweet potatoes, ginger, caraway seeds and stock.
- 5Season to taste, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sweet potatoes and pumpkin is tender.
- 6Remove from heat and puree in batches in a food processor.
- 7Place in a clean suacepan, add honey and cinnamon.
- 8Bring to the boil then remove from heat.
- 9Add more seasoning if necessary.
- 10Top with cheese then serve.
- 11For a heartier meal cook you favourite pasta shapes for 5 minutes (so still firm), drain then add to the pureed soup.
- 12Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 263.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: