Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in a Taste of Home Christmas book. Looking for a recipe to use pumpkin I put up this summer. Wonder favor tie to them and a surprise.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger. In another bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons preserves. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a cream cheese cube and 3/4 teaspoon of preserves in each. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
I made these for the lunch boxes for the coming week and most were eaten straight from the oven. Great flavour and great golden colour. I skipped the nuts and topped them with vanilla sugar. A very very yummy and easy recipe !