Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Heaven on your lips! This sumptuous autumn dessert will "wow" any crowd with its amazing blend of sweet, spicy and warm buttery flavors.
- 1 (32 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar and spices; add milk and eggs.
- Spread pumpkin mixture into bottom of ungreased glass 9 x 13-inch dish.
- Distribute dry cake mix across top of pumpkin mixture. Drizzle butter over the top of cake mix. Sprinkle chopped walnuts generously across the top.
- Bake at 350° for one hour. Let the "surprise" sit for 20 minutes before slicing into it.
Literally the worst dessert ever. Way too many spices and not sweet. There was so much clove it made my tongue numb. Please find another recipe or add more sugar and less spices. I won't make again.
I liked this but felt the spices over powered the whole thing combined. I will make it again adjust the spices to my needs. It was really delicious and the cake mix made a really nice buttery crust. However, I never found a 32 ounce can of pumpkin the largest I found was 29 ounces but it worked out just fine. I made this for PAC Fall 2007.
Love it! The cloves are delicious and spicy and the buttery-ness of the topping is addicting! I've made it a few times and added nutmeg. I may try making it into individual custards!