Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe taken on the blog of Bran Appétit. This is very yummy and easy to do.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- splash milk
- Mix pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, ground ginger, pinch of salt, and brown sugar in bowl.
- Beat egg with milk and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Spread pumpkin mixture between the 2 slices of bread.
- Dredge sandwich in egg mixture and cook in pan until egg is set/browned on both sides.
What a fun and tasty change this recipe is. As DH was at work made this for my lunch today and found it both tasty and filling. Fallowed another reviews suggestion of using nutty dense multigrain bread and I'm so glad I did as it really add to the recipe. Made as written and will next time either cut ginger in half or out just as a matter of personal taste, next will also use egg beaters in place of whole egg as after making I can tell it would work out ok. Thanks for the post.
Very good flavor, yummy comfort food! I didn't have much cream cheese so I could only make 1 piece of stuffed french toast with this recipe. I did, however, just recently pick up a tub of Philly Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese so I made additional slices with that. This recipe as it's written is better, IMHO, than the Philly substitute but the Philly substitute is good, nonetheless.
I doubled this recipe for the 2 of us! Also used a very nutty & dense multigrain bread & added half again as much of the filling ingredients as listed, all for an asbolutely filling & great tasting French toast breakfast, thanks to your recipe! Thanks so much for posting it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]