Recipe by Boomette
A recipe taken on the blog of Bran Appétit. This is very yummy and easy to do.
Top Review by Debbwl
What a fun and tasty change this recipe is. As DH was at work made this for my lunch today and found it both tasty and filling. Fallowed another reviews suggestion of using nutty dense multigrain bread and I'm so glad I did as it really add to the recipe. Made as written and will next time either cut ginger in half or out just as a matter of personal taste, next will also use egg beaters in place of whole egg as after making I can tell it would work out ok. Thanks for the post.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- splash milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, ground ginger, pinch of salt, and brown sugar in bowl.
- Beat egg with milk and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Spread pumpkin mixture between the 2 slices of bread.
- Dredge sandwich in egg mixture and cook in pan until egg is set/browned on both sides.