Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another great pumpkin muffin recipe. Made these last night--ooh baby!!
Top Review by Sunflower
I cook with pumpkin a lot during the fall. These muffins were excellent and I used fresh pumpkin, making the flavor more intense. Soft and tender with a yummy streusel topping. Made a good after-school snack for the kids. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cooked pumpkin or 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and the sugars.
- Add the next 5 ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients; gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper line muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- For streusel topping: mix together the flour and brown sugar; cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle evenly over each cupcake batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.